As a PC Build Engineer, you will hold a key role within our Onboarding Team and report directly to our Onboarding Manager. You are responsible for delivering, right first time, PC build experience for our client’s staff, delivering a great first impression of their IT team (Bluecube) whilst ensuring they are setup and ready to work, making their lives easier.
Objective of the Technical Delivery Team
To keep our existing clients and to get new clients. We do this through delivering outstanding service to our clients which means they want to keep using us to support their IT and they also tell other people about how amazing we are. We achieve this through caring, by owning the issues and taking responsibility for resolution. We are good at what we do, we are engaged, we care, and we go above and beyond to serve our clients.
The role, by its very nature is one that requires a desire for success with operational excellence; when our clients employ new staff, they will be relying on you and the team around you to deliver an outstanding onboarding experience.
Your specific task will be ensuring that their PC/Laptop has been built specifically for them using to an agreed process and standard. Some of these processes will be automated using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) or Intune, some will be part automated, some will be manual to a pre-defined process.
You will be detailed, and process orientated. It is critical that the builds are correct, are tested, and are out on time. This will be your responsibility.
Your office base will be Central Milton Keynes (this is our headquarters, with its own Gym, Pool table and Café – all of which is free, apart from the Café!).
The responsibilities in this role are simple. It is all about helping and serving our clients and ensuring that when they employ staff (and release staff) that we deliver a fast, efficient and friendly experience on their behalf.
- To deliver an outstanding customer service experience to our clients
- To build PC and Laptops for new starters, ensuring they are only shipped when they are 100% correct
- Ensuring that any issues are escalated to the appropriate internal teams for efficient resolution
- Identifying issues with automated processes and reporting them to our DevOps function for rectification
- Identifying manual processes that can be automated; we look to drive automation to deliver a faster and consistent build experience
- Taking ownership of every build process that is assigned to you managing them through to resolution (and seeking support from other teams where appropriate)
- To engage with our internal training and development programme (this covers both technical, soft skills; time will be provided within your working week to facilitate this)
- Desktop Support / Build experience
- A genuine interest in technology
- Knowledge of Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune (desirable)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) (desirable)
- Microsoft Azure (desirable)
- Friendly and polite
- Task and detail oriented
- A fast learner with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
What you get (your salary and package)
- Salary, up to £27,000 per annum
- 25 days per annum, plus UK bank holidays
- Health Insurance
- Vitality Package
- Great office environment (with unlimited free, proper, coffee!)
- The ability to build your technical career within an amazing Managed Service Provider